The users of Amazon TV might be aware that they can use multiple apps on your Amazon Fire TV just like you can do it on your smart devices. These apps work similarly to any other mobile application you use on a regular basis. Regardless of such amazing capabilities, Amazon Fire TV apps may not work as expected and become a cause of frustration in your life.
These apps may stop working or behave abruptly and you may not be able to perform the desired functions on them. Thus, in order to use these applications smoothly, you need to troubleshoot the related problems at the earliest. So, follow the instructions given in the troubleshooting guide below to find out how you can get your Amazon Fire TV apps working again. For any additional information, you can always to www.amazon.com/mytv platform.
Here are the troubleshooting methods
Method 1- Restart your Fire TV
In case you have a Set-Top Box or a TV stick, you can follow these steps:
- On your remote, press and hold the ‘Select’ and ‘Play/Pause’ buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- After that, you need to go to the ‘Settings’ menu from the main screen.
- From there, go to the ‘Device’ section and select ‘Restart’.
- If that doesn’t work, you need to unplug the power cord from your device.
- And, then wait for up to 10 seconds.
- Further, you can plug it back in again.
In case you have a Fire TV Edition Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Using its remote, you need to press the ‘Power’ button.
- After that, wait for up to 10 seconds and press the same button again.
- If that does not fix the issue, unplug the power cord from the socket.
- Wait for a few seconds and then plug the power cord again.
- If that doesn’t resolve the issue, follow the steps given in the next method.
Method 2- Troubleshoot the app
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu from the main menu of Fire TV.
- After that, you need to go to the ‘Applications’ section.
- From that section, you need to further navigate to ‘Manage Installed Applications’.
- Then, from the given apps, choose the problematic application.
- Next up, click on the ‘Clear Cache’ option.
- Test-run the app to see if the problem is fixed.
- If the app doesn’t run well, you need to select the ‘Clear data’ option.
- Before proceeding to the next step, test-run the problematic app again.
- If it doesn’t work, you need to force-stop the application.
- After that, launch that particular application again.
You may visit www.amazon.com/mytv if you want to know more about the apps that are supported by Amazon Fire TV.
Method 3- Check the Internet connection
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu of your Fire TV using the remote.
- From the ‘Settings’ menu, go to the ‘Network’ section.
- After that, you need to press the ‘Play/Pause’ button.
- As soon as you do so, you will see the Connection Status screen.
- In case, there is a problem with the connection, you will see it on the screen.
- Along with this, you will also see the troubleshooting instructions for the same.
- Else, navigate to www.amazon.com/mytv for more information.
Method 4- Power Cycle the Home Network
- Firstly, you need to remove the power cable from both your modem and router.
- Make sure that all the lights on the modem as well as the router are turned off.
- Now, you need to wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, you can plug in your router and modem once again.
- In the end, you just need to wait until the connection establishes.
With a hope that the issue would have been resolved by now. If not, you must uninstall the app and reinstall it again. Make sure your Fire TV is properly connected to the Internet before you perform any troubleshooting procedure on it. Visit:- amazon.com/code.